Mission Statement The Newington Public School fosters the intellectual, social, and physical growth of every student in a safe and supportive environment that promotes responsibility, self-discipline, respect and excellence in learning.
- Foster a strong partnership between the school, students, parents and the community.
- Create and support a school environment in which all children and adults feel welcomed, respected, and safe.
- Develop individualized instruction plans and cultivate an environment in which students will take ownership for their own learning.
- Maintain high expectations and promote academic excellence for all students.
- Provide opportunities for students to practice problem-solving skills, effective communication skills, collaboration, and good citizenship.
- Infuse energy, humor, and caring in learning.
- Build a positive school climate which respects and values diversity and nurtures self-esteem.